Labor Day Weekend

Tuesday, September 3, 2013








Labor day weekend marks the end of the summer with school starting the next week and my job starting soon.  So we were thrilled when my parents invited us to tag along on their camping trip to Saltwater state park.  This state park is nestled 1 hour south of us, and directly over the flight path to the airport.  So at first when we set up camp we were a little worried about the planes going overhead every few minutes.  It's a weird feeling to be "camping" with lush greenery all around and then you hear an airplane over head... but what this place does have is an amazing beach and views.  Which is why I can honestly say, I loved this camp site.  I'm a sucker for anything that involves the sea.  I immediately relaxed as I breathed in that salty air.  For the kids it this trip was filled with nature, exploration, and once again playing on the beach and throwing rocks. // Rhone's favorite past time// Another plus to camping in the city, is it's just a quick drive to the local farmers market and being able to hit up a couple garage sales.  Definitely my kind of camping!











On Sunday, we ended our weekend with a quick trip to the local state fair.  It was our first time taking the kids to a fair, and Rhone absolutely loved it! Lach pretty much had to just ride in the stroller due to her lack of height, but she did enjoy playing with the prizes Rhone won her.  Rhone's favorite was the race cars.  I wonder where he gets his love for muscle cars from? Lachlyn however thought they were a little too loud but eventually getting her ears covered over and over became a pretty fun game.  It was a perfect end to a great weekend and probably the one of the funnest summers of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!! Your family is beautiful!! I just added your button to my side bar!! ;) Thanx for swappin!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design