In
the beginning of my journey with oils, I started out very naive and
very out of the loop about essential oils. I was diagnosed with Asthma
as a small baby and have had to deal with this condition my entire
life. My inhaler and I are literally connected at the hip with my
portable neutralizer very close by. After years of going to different
doctors with different protocols, I finally was given Advair which I
have take for over 8 years. There was finally a medicine that worked
for me however the feeling of being attached to a steroid that after
prolonged use can cause lung damage just left me feeling hopeless and
worried about my future.
Needless to say, I was in the market for something different. A new miracle drug. Something that made sense.
My doTERRA Pitch...
I researched the company for hours past my bedtime and I had that feeling you get when you know you found something special. After weeks of research and going back and forth I finally felt like do Terra was the right company for me and my family. Not only was doTERRA slightly cheaper but their website was full of information that I couldn't find anywhere else. Anther HUGE selling point for me was that they go world wide in collecting their oils. Each oil that you buy is sourced from the country that is indigenous to that plant. For example, if you were given a chance to eat a Lemon from Washington State or a Lemon from Italy, which do you think would taste better? From Italy of course, and that is exactly where they get the Lemon oil. Instead of growing their own farms and own plants to make the supply, they go to the farms that the plant actually naturally grows in. And they give jobs to thousands of workers who really know the plant and really need the opportunity.
How I got off Advair!...
I started following people on Instagram and hearing and looking for testimonies. I ordered the doTERRA physician kit and it had a blend called Breathe. I wasn't sure what it was until I found a post on Instagram. She had a picture of an inhaler and said that she was completely off her inhaler of 20 years. At this point I was truly intrigued and tried this oil the very next time I couldn't breathe. And then reality hit, because it didn't work! I felt like I could breathe as I was literally breathing it in, however 30 seconds after I stopped I couldn't breathe again. I did my inhaler, and felt very bummed and irritated that it wasn't that miracle I had hoped it would be. So instead of giving up, I asked her... I poured my thoughts on her, and she responded! She explained that every person is different and that I would need to keep trying other oils and gave me different ideas of how to use the oils. I tried and tried. I had hope in them. I saw other oils work in our family and I was on a mission to figure out how to get off my steroids.
So I went all in. I went off Advair and for 2-3 weeks. I would first try the breathe oil with others to find the right combination. Slowly I realized that I could breathe in the oils and then just do 1 puff of my inhaler and that worked. Then 1 day I tried just Breathe and it worked! It wasn't instant like an inhaler, but after several drops, several cupping inhalations, and resting for 10 mins or so it actually worked and I didn't need my inhaler at all. I can say now that I have been off Advair for almost 1 month. It seriously feels AMAZING. I do on occasion when I'm in a hurry still do need that 1 puff of my inhaler, but really knowing that I am not dependent on it is seriously something that I have never felt before, I mean literally ever! As I look back on those 2-3 weeks of this oil not working, I realized that my body was fighting and needing those steroids. Once I had rid myself of that dependence, I was able to benefit from a natural way of decreasing inflammation and opening my airways with this "miracle" oil.
I truly do hope that by me sharing this story I can somehow help someone else out there who is dealing with asthma. Someone who feels hopeless and someone who is sick and tired of using steroids to prevent asthma attacks. Someone who is sick of that feeling of your heart racing when you take your 2 puffs of that Albuterol, and getting that sore throat afterwards. This oil really is such a blessing and although I go through ALOT of it each month controlling my asthma, I can say that it is soo worth it! Being able to breathe with a natural and benefiting way is more than I had dreamed of.



LOVE this post! Please tell me you signed up as a consultant so you can get benefits?! I am a consultant and it's worth it! Have you also heard of Ameo? It's another oil company that is "prescription strength" oils. My friends dad started it but I haven't looked into it enough to know how pure their oils are. That's what I love about doterra! I am so glad you are happy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great and inspiring story. Yes- the body can and often does become dependent on certain medications. And it's no fun weaning off them. But determination often is the winner. Glad you've had such a good experience. Love you.
ReplyDelete